Singer/songwriters and music lovers of Chico, California!
Everyone’s favorite singer/songwriter competition, Chico Unplugged, is back at the Bear on Thursday, September 20th, 27th, and October 4th!
Sign-ups for contestants will be at 6pm sharp (it can get crowded so we highly encourage you to show up early).
This year the 2 winner’s of each competition day will be announced at the end of each show! We have 3 judges at every event who are highly knowledgeable about music & songwriting and will be picking each winner. So make sure you stay until the very end to see if it could be you!
Since SOTA’s launch in 2012, Chico Unplugged has been a platform for emerging local artists. It is a place where songwriters can come together and encourage others to show their stuff.
Winner’s of Chico Unplugged will get the chance to record in a state of the art recording studio on Chico’s State’s campus FOR FREE! They will also be playing in our Winner’s Showcase to follow on Thursday, October 4th.
Past winners of Chico Unplugged have gone on to great success in the Chico music scene, playing major events such as Chicoachella, I Hate Radio Festival, Chico Breaks the Record, Thursday Night Market, been offered a record deal, & so much more!
If you are interested in showing us what you got, please check out these rules below & then join us at one of our many event dates.
THIS YEAR’S RULES OF CHICO UNPLUGGED:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. All songs MUST BE ORIGINAL & instruments must be ACOUSTIC (piano keyboards are acceptable as long as you do not use any effects such as synth noises, electric piano effects, etc)
3. Only 2 original songs allowed per person (you will get cut off if you attempt to play a third)
4. You will only be allowed to compete once per semester (if you do not win the first week, you may not compete the second or third week. You must come back next semester if you wish to compete again)
5. You may only win Chico Unplugged two times (if you have already won Chico Unplugged twice before, please leave room for others to show their stuff too!)
6. No solo acapella is allowed.
7. Must have instrumental accompaniment unless otherwise approved by SOTA Productions A&R representative.
8. Instrumental only acts will be allowed to compete this year. However, we highly encourage it NOT be a solo instrumental act. Please try to make yourself stand apart from the rest.
9. HAVE FUN! Make sure songs are family friendly. And make sure you are respectful, courteous, and attentive to all the other contestants.
Chico, CA 959238